Broadcast Advertising Support for Innovative SME's
Broadcast Advertising Support for Innovative SMEs (70% Discount on Advertising Cost)
For over two decades since 1998, the project has steadily offered up to 70% discounts on broadcast advertising cost and provided advertising marketing support for SMEs seeking to place advertisements. By 2017, an aggregate amount of 275 billion won was provided to 2,650 companies.
To support the
The details are as follows Category Period of Support (Based on the initial broadcast advertising agreement) Support Details Maximum Amount Of Support Priority time slots for venture companies Non-priority time slots for venture companies Contents Contract execution ~ 3 years Sell at 70% discount on regular price Purchase at regular price + 200% bonus payment 7.5 billion won
For terrestrial DMB, a 200% bonus is provided.
Bonus provisions for subtitle ads, time signal ads, virtual ads and PPL purchases are decided through mutual consultation.
Maximum amount of support is the grand sum of the actual purchase amount, discount amount and bonus amount on broadcast advertising.
- TV: KBS, MBC and EBS
- Radio: KBS, MBC, CBS, BBS, PBC, FEBC, YTN, WBS, iFM, KFM and TBS
- Others: DMB and KBS WORLD
Eligibility for Application
Companies that obtained at least one certification among Venture, Innobiz, Main Biz, Green Certified SME, Excellent Green-Biz, Hi Seoul Brand SME, Global IP, Intellectual Property Management Certified Company, Social Enterprise, K-Brain Power, Small & medium Business Distribution Center-supported Company, Small Enterprise and Market Service-supported Company and research company, and have not placed any terrestrial broadcast advertisement within the past 6 months from the application date
- Application form for innovative SME broadcast advertising (KOBACO’s prescribed form, affix the company seal at the applicant section on the bottom)
- A copy of at least one certification among Venture, Innobiz, Main Biz, Green Certified SME, Excellent Green-Biz, Hi Seoul Brand SME, Global IP, Intellectual Property Management Certified Company, Social Enterprise, K-Brain Power, Small & medium Business Distribution Center-supported Company, Small Enterprise and Market Service-supported Company and research company
- A copy of the business registration certificate
- A copy of shareholders’ registry
- Twelve (12) copies of business or product description catalogue
By mail or drop-off
- Tel: +82-2-731-7319 ~ 22
- Fax: +82-2-723-8602
- Address: Small and Medium Business Policy Team, Small and Medium Business Support Bureau, KOBACO, 14F Press Center, 124, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 100-750
Support Application and Procedural Timeline
Application receipt deadline is the 20th of each month (as for mail receipt, arrival shall be made by the 20th)
Council meeting is held on the first Thursday of the month (schedule subject to change) to make the selection
Selection of the Beneficiary Company
The Council on Broadcast Advertising Support for Innovative SMEs (hereinafter “Support Council”) deliberates and concludes whether to provide funding. The Support Council is comprised of 2 persons from a broadcasting company, 1 person from the Korea Communications Commission, 1 person from the Ministry of SMEs and Startups, 1 outside expert and 4 persons from KOBACO.
- Selection Criteria
The Support Council selects the beneficiary upon considering in a comprehensive manner, reasons acknowledged to be necessary for the business type, size, growth potential, broadcast advertising suitability and SMEs’ management innovation, technological innovation, green management, intellectual property management, social responsibility and K-Brain Power among others, and give preference to the following cases.
- Manufacturers certified for novel technology and innovative products, and have obtained new product (NEP) certification from the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards under the Ministry of Knowledge Economy and new technology (NET) certification from the Korea Industrial Technology Association
- Overseas exporters through new technology development and government selection.
- Companies with ISO, KS, or Q marks and other quality certifications from the government or foreign countries
- Companies with awards from international exhibitions or new technology and invention expos, etc.
- Companies selected as beneficiaries of KOBACO’s support project for innovative SME broadcast advertising revitalization
- Companies selected as beneficiaries of the Small & medium Business Corporation’s project to support SME product PPL
In case the beneficiary loses its qualification due to non-execution of advertising within 1 year from selection, it may reapply 1 year following the date of qualification loss (revised on Mar 18, 2016).
- Seoul, Gyeonggi Province and Gangwon Province: Head Office, Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (Tel. +82-2-731-7319 ~ 22)
- Busan, South Gyeongsang Province: Busan Branch, Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (Tel. +82-51-751-0400)
- Daegu, North Gyeongsang Province: Daegu Branch, Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (Tel. +82-53-767-9900)
- Gwangju, Jeolla Province: Gwangju Branch, Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (Tel. +82-62-652-3600)
- Daejeon, Chungcheong Province: Daejeon Branch, Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (Tel. +82-42-533-3821)