The broadcast advertising of the following items is prohibited.
- Adult entertainment and salon businesses, defined by the Enforcement Decree of the Food Sanitation Act
- Private Investigation and related services
- Marriage brokerage and dating services, except for domestic marriage broker agencies that are registered according to the Act on the Regulation of Marriage Brokerage Agency
- Fortunetelling, psychic reading, and other services involving the occult
- Weapons, explosives, and their replicas that are hard to distinguish from real ones.
- Gambling and similar speculative activities
- Tobacco and smoking-related products
- Infant formula milk powder, infant formula milk, nursing bottles and related products
- Obscene, pornographic publications, films, performances, and voice-, image- and text-data through telecommunication
- Financial services that are not licensed nor registered according to financial laws and regulations
- Massage parlors
- Solicitation of donations
- Beverages that contain 17% or more alcohol
- bottled water in cases of terrestrial TV advertising
01 Alcohol Advertising
he advertisements of alcoholic beverages that contain less than 17% of alcohol may not be broadcasted from 7:00 to 22:00 on TV and from 17:00 to 8:00 the next day on radio. For radio, even during the allowed period, they may not be broadcasted before or after a program for minors.
* The broadcast advertising of alcoholic beverages that contain 17% or more of alcohol is prohibited.
02 Adult materials
The advertisements of adult materials harmful to minors (including movies, music, videos, publications, etc.) are prohibited from being broadcasted in the ad slots of and SB slots before and after broadcast programs for minors.
03 Political Advertising
Advertisements that feature candidates for governmental elections are prohibited from 90 days prior to the election to election day.
Political advertising for a certain presidential candidate is limited to 30 times or less per TV or radio broadcaster, and that of a parliamentary candidate is limited to 15 times or less per TV or radio broadcaster.
04 Medical and pharmaceutical products for children and caller-paid information services
The advertising of medical and pharmaceutical products for children and caller-paid information services is prohibited in the ad slots of and SB slots before and after broadcast programs targeting children.
05 Advertising of child food products
The TV advertising of child food products high in calories and low in nutrients is prohibited from 17:00 to 19:00.
In the advertisement of a child food product, advertising the free offering of toys and other products that may entice the purchase of the product is prohibited.
06 Advertisements targteting children
An advertiser can designate the slot in which the ad airs with a fee
(per month) which is 10% or more of the standard price.
* The format of sales may be different for each media.
Please contact our KOBACO sales teams for detailed rates and pricing options.